Bay Alarm Medical
With a push of a button, Bay Alarm Medical’s trained 24/7 operators contact family, neighbors, and emergency services. Our challenge is to improve BAM’s communication services with a digital solution.
Bay Alarm Medical
UX / UI Designer
2 weeks, February 2017
Dori and Urvi
Users are reluctant to use BAM’s product and services because:
1. There are too many device parts, which gets confusing to use
2. There is a limited range of use
3. The wearables are unattractive
4. Only used for medical emergencies
5. There is no exchange of basic health data
Our solution addresses these problems by:
1. Providing one centralized device
2. Expanding the range of use
3. Designing a beautiful wearable
4. Offering alternative solutions
5. Offering basic health data
First we conducted competitive research and comparative research.
Competitive Research HERE
Through comparative research, we researched FiLip, Apple and Google calendars. FiLip is an app that parents use to track their children using GPS. We believe that incorporating a GPS catered to our users can reduce their anxiety during an emergency.
Apple and Google calendars offer a good feature for individuals to organize their daily schedules. We want to enhance this feature by allowing users to program notifications directly into the wearable from the app. This way, the wearable can push out notifications and remind users to complete their daily routines.
Then we collected user research from:
50 survey responses
12 in-person interviews
24 online reviews
We synthesized our user research through affinity mapping and found that
our users want to be happy, safe, independent, comfortable and taken care of.
I’m a paragraph . Double click here or click Edit Text to add some text of your own or to change the font. Tell your visitors a bit about your services.